Monday, August 10, 2009

Hmmmmm...

I've been feeling quite anxious lately, but can't figure out why. I've noticed myself become slightly OCD, which usually is an indicator that I'm anxious. There are a lot of things going on in my life right now, but nothing too extreme. It may just be all the little things piling up that I'm having a hard time handling :(

For the first time yesterday, I felt very protective of Abigail. One instance was about her physical safety, and another, about her feelings. Don't get me wrong, I always am concerned about her, but I experienced the "protective mother" concern. It was rather strange and it made me laugh a little. Having a child grow up in a ministry family is something I'm just barely starting to navigate...How to explain to her why someone who used to be a friend has been rude to her since leaving the church, how to balance church life and home life, how to give her a healthy view of the church and ministry life so that she will not despise it...stuff like that. Fortunately, she is too young to understand this and I will be able to have a better grasp on it myself by the time she is older. Then the therapist side of me realized that some of my fears for her mirror fears that I have for myself. Weird how that works, huh?

Well, these verses came to mind as I have tried to sift through the maze in my mind:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." (Philippians 4:6-8)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i really found this insightful :) thanks for sharing KJ. miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...