Friday, July 29, 2011

Frugal Friday: Free Stuff at the Mall

As I mentioned in the previous post, the summer heat has been keeping me indoors the past week.  So, I took a trip to the mall to walk around and let Abigail play in the indoor climbing area.  The hard thing about going to the mall without a purchasing purpose is that I end up impulse buying.  Not a good idea :(  This time I went armed with coupons that let me shop for free!


Many companies have been using social media sites, such as Facebook, to promote themselves, offering deals to those who "like" them.  Not a bad idea!

The glass trifle bowl was $10.00 at Pier One, and I had a Pier One Facebook coupon for $10 off a $10 purchase (this coupon no longer available, but they are still offering different deals each day on their Facebook site).  So, a free entertaining dish that I've had my eye on for awhile.  Yes, I've been stalking trifle bowls lately, because I can't bake to save my life and I think I'm going to resort to making trifles from now on.

Bath & Body Works released a Facebook coupon (click here for it) for free lotion...hurry up and use it because it expires 7/31!

And it never hurts to sign up for your favorite store's free loyalty program.  I ended up getting something free from Victoria's Secret just for being a part of their loyalty program.  There are tons of programs like this that are free to sign up and don't require that you purchase anything.

So, in summary, check out your favorite stores' Facebook pages for fan offers and sign up for store loyalty programs because it pays off in the end!  And you can still go to the mall, not pay anything, and still feel like you went shopping :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...