Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Season of Firsts

This past holiday season was marked by a slew of things that we did for the first time.  Rather than an elaborate post on Thanksgiving and Christmas, I thought I'd highlight the holiday season with our "firsts."

We hosted Thanksgiving for the first time, and I made my first turkey.  Little did I know that it takes a few days for a frozen turkey to defrost.  I bought mine the day before Thanksgiving and had to do a quick thaw in the cooler.  Lesson learned.
Matt carved his first turkey.  Look at that intense concentration :)
Our friends played our XBox 360 (Thanks, Dad!) for the first time...
...and fell asleep after a big Thanksgiving lunch.  Sorry, Kahleel, just had to put this one in :)
Christmas brought about Abigail's first Christmas program at preschool.  This was about the time that Matt and I realized we had become those parents armed with a camera and video camera.
We hosted Christmas for the first time and were blessed to be able to celebrate with Matt's entire family.
Claire celebrated her first Christmas and was given a thorough tutorial by her sister and cousins as to how to open presents.
And lastly, we made our first gingerbread house.  Yum!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...