Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas

Want a recipe that uses leftover rotisserie chicken and can freeze well? Then look no further, because this recipe, adapted from a Kraft recipe, fits the bill.  I pretty much just added extra cheese, salsa, and cilantro, because who couldn't use a little extra yum?

Photo credit: Kraft

1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
1 1/4 c. salsa, divided
4 oz. cream cheese
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
1 t. ground cumin
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar & monterey jack cheeses, divided
6 flour tortillas (medium size)

* Serves 4*

Spray large skillet (I use a wok, because, believe me, you want a large skillet) with cooking spray.  Cook onions and garlic over medium heat 2 minutes.  I didn't have enough onion, so I added in some red onion.

Add chicken, 1/4 c. salsa, cream cheese, cilantro, and cumin.  Mix well and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.

Add 1/2 c. cheese and mix in well.

Spoon mixture onto tortilla. Place mixture on one side of the tortilla and start rolling it up from that side or else you will have a big mess on your hands.

Place enchilada, seam-side down, in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  I split the  6 enchiladas up into two baking dishes because I'm sharing one with a friend.  By the way, these foil cake pans are the perfect size!

Top with remaining salsa and cheese.

If you want to go ahead and eat, back at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.  Since this is such a great freezer meal, I went ahead and made my half freezer-ready for another day when I don't feel don't have time to cook.  Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...