Friday, May 15, 2009

The South

Today Matt is coming home from trip to Nashville where he attended a worship conference. I had some good, quality time with Abigail, but am happy he is coming home today. I wish I could have gone with him, since I really love Nashville and the family members that he stayed with. And all this got me thinking how a Chinese girl from Chicago got to love the South so much. Here are things I've come to love:

- Cheese grits
- Slower pace of life
- The accent
- Weather
- Sweet cornbread
- The ACC (well, kinda...I think I've developed more of an appreciation for it)
- Moss on the trees

Moving away from Chicago has made me proud of being from there...I like telling people I'm from there :) I do miss aspects of the North, but am thoroughly enjoying life as a Southern girl!

Oh, and Abigail is elated that Daddy is coming home today too!


3 comments:

SMS said...

What a cutie!!!!! :)

Joe said...

I have to agree on the cheese grits.

Oh yeah, this is Joe, not just some creepy internet person.

kat said...

adorable pic! and yeah... there is something so relaxing about the south, the slower pace of life, the drawl, the moss on the trees... cheese makes everything more amazing... but you have always loved north carolina and have always wanted to go there as long as i've known you! i feel like you're finally home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...