Thursday, November 11, 2010

DIY Instant Oatmeal

Now that it's getting colder in the mornings, we've been more in the mood for something hot and yummy for breakfast.  Unfortunately, I'm not much of a morning person and the thought doing anything more than pouring a bowl of cereal or popping something in the toaster is more than I can handle in my state of delirium.  So, when I came across this idea for instant oatmeal on a blog (so sorry I forgot which one, or else I would link it), I jumped at the chance to try it.  This is sooooo much tastier than packaged instant oatmeal, is super convenient, and costs less.


Place the following in a snack size Ziploc bag:
1/3 cup quick cook oats
1 T brown sugar (or however much you want)
Dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries, etc.
Chopped walnuts or slivered almonds


When you're ready to cook it on a chilly morning, just pour the contents of one bag into a bowl, add 2/3 cup milk or water, and microwave for 1 minute.  Voila!  Super yummy oatmeal made super quick despite a super state of sleepiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is what I had for breakfast today! It is truly a life-saving "recipe" to have when I decide to snooze just one time too long in the morning. I need to make Aaron some of these "to go" packs so he will eat breakfast. Tasty tasty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...