Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas

We spend Christmas in Chicago with my side of the family and had a great time!  How nice it was to see everyone and introduce Abigail to many extended family members.

She had a precious time decorating her little tree with Paw-Paw.

What a blessing to see my two grandmas!

Abigail loved opening presents and trying things on right away.  Thanks to my family for the Illinois and Chicago Bears attire.  She can now cheer for Mommy's teams too!

Christmas morning also brought sledding, a first for both Matt and Abigail.  And a first in a LONG time for me.  More to come on my traumatic sledding experience in another post.  For now, we need to think about happy things.

Like the way we felt after eating our Christmas dinner with my family.  See how happy we look?  Our bellies were full and we were happy. Little did we know that my mom had three more meals like that planned over the next two days.  I think we ate too much.  WAY too much.  But it was sure good.

And, lastly, we went downtown to experience the magic that is Chicago at Christmastime...

...and froze our bottoms off admiring the windows.  Thanks, Mom and Dad, for entertaining my desire to be a tourist in the windy city.

But it was worth it in the end.  We had a blast!

1 comment:

Amy Chowder said...

Aw, the U of I shirt we got her :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...