Friday, February 18, 2011

Frugal Friday: Wall Collage

As part of my quest to redecorate our home, we decided to get rid of the TV that was mounted on our bedroom wall.  As wonderful as it was to watch TV shows and movies late at night, tucked nice a cozy into bed, we thought it best to just have our downstairs TV.  I also wanted to personalize our room, so I thought I would attempt a photo wall collage.  Here's the finished project after sanding the holes left from the TV mount, filling them in, and doing a touch-up paint job (Ahhhhhh!  I never want to fill and paint over gaping craters in my walls again!):


Here's the price breakdown:
- 1 frame from the attic = Free
- 3 frames from Walmart = $6
- 1 frame from Goodwill = $2
- 1 wall ledge from Goodwill = $2
- Monogrammed plaques (and extra supplies) = $14

So all in all, my new wall collage cost around $28...not bad for a personalized touch to the room and extra supplies from the monogrammed plaques for future projects!  Also much cheaper than trying to find a large print to fill up a large space on the wall.  You could easily make this free using frames you already have and skipping the monogrammed plaques.

By the way, there is more to come on the bedroom redo :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...