Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day Message

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  This is my dear mom a few years ago (yes, we have to take a more recent picture together).  Big surprise that I'm holding a bowl of snacks in this picture.  Hey, I was pregnant ...


...with this precious baby girl...


...who is not so much a baby anymore.


I mean, look at that attitude.  Pay no attention to the dirty bathroom.  Just look at the pose...yikes.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

I know that for many reasons, Mother's Day may not be joyous for some.  Some of these reasons I'm familiar with.  So, I leave you with something I read today on one of my favorite blogs, The Finer Things in Life.

"For my friends who are missing their own mom, separated by too many miles.

For my friends who have recently buried their mother, and have to face this day without her for the first time.

For my friends who are mourning the unbearable loss of a child.

For my friends who find themselves in an untimely pregnancy, confused and unsure of the future.

For my friends who are praying without ceasing for a Godly husband and children to call their own.

For my friends who are clinging to motherhood as they face a uncertain diagnosis.

For my friends who are longing to see a little pink plus sign this month.  We’ve been there.

For my friends who gracefully bear the weight of mother, father, and provider for their children.

For my friends who held their child for only moments, and for those whose children passed through this world as quick  as a breath.

For you, my friends, I will remember the struggles and the heartache of this Mother’s Day.  Yes, I will celebrate my own innumerable blessings, but I will also remember.  Bless you."

(Taken from The Finer Things in Life)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...