Friday, May 24, 2013

Frugal Friday: $8.89 Thrift Trip

As a result of moving to a new house, I had the opportunity to do much purging and simplifying of our "stuff."  I get such a great feeling when I pack up a box of things that we haven't used in ages and drop it off at local donation centers.

I also get a great feeling when I find good deals at these donations centers' thrift shops :)

$3.00 for a monthly greeting card organizer with pockets to keep cards.  A little more expensive than I was willing to pay, but well worth the $3.00 to not forget family members' birthdays and have to profusely apologize.

Super cute H&M skirt for $3.39.  Can't wait to make an outfit out of this!


My best deal was these Charlotte Russe shoes for $2.50 (originally $5.00, but the thrift store was having a 50% off sale...thrift stores have sales?).  It's hard to see in the picture, but these flats have sparkly silver stitching all around.  I used to be a grossed out by the thought of used shoes, but I figured that as long as they are in good condition and easily washable with a Clorox wipe and a can of Lysol, it sure beats paying retail.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...