Thursday, December 18, 2008

Anticipating Christmas in Chicago

Christmas is a week away! It doesn't quite seem like Christmas to me with the 60-70 degree weather. Then again, I don't think I would trade in for anything colder. We are going to Chicago this year to visit my family and have decided to drive. I haven't figured out if our driving decision is a good or bad thing yet...I'll probably have a very strong opinion about that at the end of the trip. I am, however, very excited to go back to Chicago. Our time actually in town will be a little limited because we're splitting the driving into two days both ways, but it will sure be nice to be home again. These are the things I'm looking forward to:

- Seeing my family...I haven't seen extended family in a good two years

- Eating pizza downtown at Uno's...if I don't get to do this, I will be devestated :(

- Seeing the skyline

- Snow (the look of it, but not the cold)

- Eating cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning

- Having a yummy hot drink at the Caribou on Glenview Rd. and Waukegan

- Game night with the extended family on Christmas Day...I now know how to play Sequence and can join in on the fun

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...