Monday, January 25, 2010

Lost in Austen

I've really enjoyed our Netflix subscription - I no longer have to load up the baby in the car just to go rent a movie.  Not to mention, I can be totally socially unpresentable and browse through tons of movies at home and watch some instantly on our computer.  This really helped entertain me a few months ago while feeding Abigail (who takes FOREVER to eat).  Well, enough about Netflix.  I watch Lost in Austen this past weekend and loved it!  Here is a little synopsis per Wikipedia:

"Lost in Austen is a four-part 2008 British television series for the ITV network, written by Guy Andrews as a fantasy adaptation of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Loosely following the plot of Austen's novel, it sees a modern girl somehow transported into the events of the book via a portal located in her bathroom."

For anyone who loves Pride and Prejudice (especially the BBC version), this is the movie for you!  The BBC series, as well as Colin Firth, are even referred to in this movie by Amanda Price, the main character.  You might even want to review some of that story to fully appreciate all the little nuances in Lost in Austen.  For those not familiar with P&P, you might want to skip this, as it may become rather confusing.  Take note, this movie is 180 minutes since it was a four part mini-series, but well worth it!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I don't know how it's possible that I didn't know about this, but I am totally ordering it from netflix! (if I can sneak it by Josh of course!) Sci-fi meets Jane Austen? It's like it was made for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...