Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The 5 O'Clock Club

I've officially joined the 5 O'Clock Club!  This club is part of Girltalk, a down to earth blog by Carolyn Mahaney and her three adult daughters.  They are issuing a 28 day challenge this month (that will hopefully continue on for a lifetime) to wake early in the morning in order to spend time with God and in His word.  Being part of the club simply means that you'll commit to waking early.  This offers to me a much needed form of accountability in this area.  As I signed up, I had to write why I was joining the club...here is what I wrote:
"I've tried getting up early on and off for the past few years, but have always gotten discouraged when I end up hitting snooze about 15 times. My husband and I are the proud parents of a 10-month old daughter and are about 2 years into planting a church...two MAJOR things that constantly remind us of our need for Jesus. I want to join the 5 O'Clock Club out of desperation (in a good way) to make my relationship with God a priority in our family life and in our church planting life. I think I'm going to try 5:30am though :)"
So last night I set my alarm for 5:30am and this morning I pressed snooze until 6:00am.  Yes, later than I wanted, but still early enough to take a shower and have a quiet time before Abigail awoke.  It felt great to be up and I was so excited to do this...I think this was the first time I've ever been excited about waking early.  Please ask me how it's going when you see me.  I need all the accountability and encouragement I can get!

By the way, check out the Girltalk website.  There are some great articles and resources on Biblical womanhood there!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for posting this! I am going to consider joining as well. I have had this on my heart for a while now. If I join I would be looking for an accountability partner. However, I will be joining the 6 o'clock club. :-)

mkschool said...

you are doing a great job. inspiring me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...