Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crossing My Fingers For A Green Thumb


This is what my back deck looked like this morning:
My first attempt at growing an edible container garden is exciting, but somewhat disconcerting since I have a history of having a black thumb.
How are these cute little sprouts supposed to stay alive under my care for the next few months?!
Yellow squash and zucchini plants in the foreground. 
An impatient dog in the background.
I do love the early morning rays that stream through the trees!
Will these tomato plants survive my black thumb?  Ummm, they already have yellow leaves...and I can't tell if I've over or underwatered them. 

I will keep you updated on my progress.  I am hoping to have an overabundance of tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, yellow squash, and zucchini this summer!  Oh, and the other somewhat nonsensical thing is that I'm hoping for all this produce that I don't even eat on a regular basis.  Maybe I think that if I grow the stuff, having it around will miraculously change my unhealthy eating habits.  I wish I had a chicken nugget and fries plant.

1 comment:

Jennie Fisher said...

If you find that chicken nugget and fry plant let me know. We can go into business together. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...