Saturday, April 3, 2010

Donate Your Stuff!

Usually when I have a picture of food on here, it's a picture from a recent grocery trip where I scored an amazing deal.  Well, this is one of those, but I'm posting for a different reason.  Using three coupons from last Sunday's paper, I was able to score 15 cans of dog food for FREE!  So, what did I do with them?

I donated it all to the SPCA of Wake County, a place that does a ton for animals.  Before Abigail came, I used to volunteer there, exercising the dogs and loving on the ones that were up for adoption.  Sometimes I snuck into the puppy room to cuddle with the little fur balls before the center was open to the public for the day.  There is nothing like puppy smell!  It was something that I looked forward to...and something that I want to be able to do again in the future.

In the meantime, I'm donating food and supplies that the SPCA needs.  Kroger (on Six Forks and Wake Forest) has a collection bin in the front, which makes it easy to donate.  So, why not donate the free or cheap stuff that you score?  What a great way to help out!  And, by the way, if you're thinking about getting a dog or cat, check out your local SPCA or animal shelter.  There are so many animals that need homes!

And now a little video showing how much our family loves dogs :)



The next donation stop?  I'm collecting extra personal care items to donate to the Raleigh Rescue Mission...join me!

1 comment:

mkschool said...

discipling Abigail in loving dogs. where was Jacson in this video?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...