Friday, September 24, 2010

Airplane Bathrooms, McDonalds & the Pope

I lamented to a friend at lunch yesterday that my memories of Europe are from the mind of a six or seven-year-old child.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that I had the chance to go the Europe, just that I wish I could go there again now, as a 29-year-old, and experience it again.  And maybe bring Matt along.

I pulled out an old journal my mom had me keep of my time in Italy.  Luckily, my mom was a former elementry school teacher who taught me to spell phonetically, so I was able to interpret my scribbles below by means similar to the game, Mad Gab

Oh, and I learned something else about myself by reading this.  My addiction for McDonalds started at a young age and had an international appeal.

Enjoy Italy through the eyes of a 6-year-old:


"I got to sit with Azure on the airplane.  I ate dinner on the airplane.  When I went to the bathroom it was crowded.  I didn't like that so I just went in the bathroom!  Yuk, yuk, yuk.  I went to Europe (Italy) to play my violin!"


"I took a taxi to the Sistine Chapel.  I saw the beautiful ceiling that Michaelangelo painted.  It was so pretty.  Then I rode a mile to go shopping.  I ate lunch at McDonalds."


"I woke up early.  I went to the Vatican to play for the Pope.  He pat my head and kissed me.  I went on a bus.  I saw the Trevi Fountain and threw in coins to make a wish.  My wish was that I would get married and come back to Rome.  I saw the Colleseum where the lions and gladiators used to fight.  I went to St. Peter's church."

It's touching to think my wish I made as a 6-year-old came halfway true so far.  Anyone out there willing to help me make the rest of the wish come true???  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...