Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How I Spent My Time

Many of you asked me what I did while Matt and Abigail were out of town two weeks ago.  Here's a quick run down of my two amazing days by myself:
  1. I slept in until 10:00am each morning.
  2. I went to the bathroom ALONE.  No little one trying to sit on my lap or watching me while I pee.
  3. I ate each meal at a leisurely pace.  This accomplished many things.  First, I was able to thoroughly chew my food.  Secondly, I was able to taste everything I ate, as opposed to shoving whatever I could into my mouth so that I could persuade my baby to eat her chicken with her fork.
  4. I scrapbooked until midnight each night!
  5. I bought a pair of jeggings.  Yes, that's right.  Those scary looking jeans/leggings hybrid that deserve their own post.  I actually was able to go into a store and try something on without having to dance in the fitting room to entertain my girl.  I know some of you parents have been there too.  You're in the dressing room and it's deathly quiet outside of the clanging of the hangers against the hooks.  Your baby is sitting in her stroller, but begins to throw as fit as you start trying on the first shirt.  You become very aware that everyone in the dressing room can hear your baby screaming and are listening to how you are going to try and calm your baby down.  You talk to her and give her snacks, but that doesn't do much.  So, half-clothed, you dance in the mirror for her.  Not real dancing, but dancing a toddler would enjoy.  Jumping up and down, bouncing, turning around, and making faces.  And you do all this as quietly as possible so that the other people can't hear you moving around.  Then you realize that you have five more shirts to try on and no more energy to try and jump up and down quietly.  All this to say, I didn't have to do the fitting room dance, so I was able to try on a pair of jeggings and stand in the fitting room long enough to convince myself to buy these ridiculous pants.
  6. I missed my husband and baby terribly.  As much fun as I had relaxing, I was so happy to see them come home safely. 
Thanks, Matt, for making these lovely two days possible.  You are a wonderful and brave husband!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awesome. Oh how this made me loooong for a day to myself! Once Charlotte is weaned, I'm taking one!
Oh, and you are very brave to take a toddler into a changing room...I don't even try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...