Sunday, December 5, 2010

Banana Bread

One of my fondest college memories is that of making banana bread with one of my roommates, Kristin.  Yes, we had the same name.  And yes, it sometimes got confusing when the phone rang and the person on the other end had no idea who they were talking to.  More often, I would get super confused and end up talking to one of Kristin's friends for awhile, afraid to tell them that I wasn't her.

Kristin had this super easy recipe for banana bread that I've kept over the years because not only does it turn out super yummy, but it is super easy to make for this non-baking girl.  Thought I'd share it :)

3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas (about 3)
3/4 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1 t. baking soda
2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease loaf pan.  Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs in large bowl.
 
Stir in remaining ingredients.

Pour into pan.  Bake until toothpick comes out clean (about 60 minutes).

Let cool 10 minutes, loosen sides, remove from pan and enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...